11 years ago
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Cody Starts to Read (slowly!)
For those who know, I am putting Cody in Kindergarten instead of Pre-K like they suggested. I felt that I knew my child better than the testers did. I have been working with him since March on everything from letters to numbers so he'd be ready. It seems to be paying off! Last night I decided to try some more lessons out of the book Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons to see if he'd actually try it this time. Last night everything seemed to click and he was sounding out words all on his own! I would say good job and he'd get this great big grin on his face and hug me tight! It was so much fun to do with him and know that I helped teach him that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
That is so great! Way to go Cody!
Good job to you too, Kelly. Teaching someone to read is not the easiest task in the world.
Post a Comment