Friday, October 24, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge

I found this on another blog and found this to be a great idea! It's a 30 day challenge to encourage your husband instead of being discouraging. I know I am not the greatest and seeing the best of everything but I do love Scott with all my heart and am so thankful I made a decision to switch high schools, which is where I ended up meeting Scott. I can't imagine what life would be like without Scott in my life. I'm getting to the point in my life where Scott and I will have been together more than apart. We started dating our Sophomore year of high school and have been married for 9 1/2 years. The past 13 years have had many highs and a lows but Scott's always been there for me no matter what! I am joining this 30 day challenge and will try my hardest to do this for Scott but also my children as well! Let me know if you are joining this as well! It is such a great thing to do!!! Following is the first day's expectations:


Day One:
"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12

To refresh your memory . . . here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge: for the next 30 days:

You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband. . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!
To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner.

One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Great idea, Kelly! I love this challenge... it's kinda like the Love Dare that just came out with the new movie Fireproof (highly recommend, too!). I want to remember to build my husband up all the time, though, and not just a challenge "diet"!! :)