After reading Jessica Troeger's post about not wanting the kids to go back to school, it's nice to know I'm not the only one! I have been dreading tomorrow for a year now. I knew last year when Cody started preschool that it was the beginning of the end. No more Cody home with me all day. I have had such a great summer with the kids that I'd love to just keep them home. The last few weeks haven't been as smooth but I don't want my last baby to go to school. I know you're all thinking I'm crazy but like Jess, I'm starting to cry thinking about it! Thank goodness Scott is taking all day off tomorrow so I'll have some emotional support! More likely he'll look at me like I'm nuts but one can dream!
The last week before school starting has been filled with lots of fun things to do. Today we are laying low and going to bed early so the kids are well rested for tomorrow! On Saturday, we went boating with Scott's parents and Dave, Allison, and Betsy. It was a lot of fun. We went from Holland to Saugatuck on the boat. When we got there, we walked up over 200 steps to get to Mt. Baldy! I am still sore. I don't think it was the walk up that did it but the walk down because I went to fast on them. I can walk up the steps at home it's just going down that kills me!
On Sunday we went to a friends house for a cookout. It was a lot of fun for all of us. The kids played with their friends, I caught up with some people I don't see much and Scott played Volleyball and Football with the guys!
I hope you all have a nice relaxing Labor Day! I'll post tomorrow of the kids first day!
11 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment